Here is some helpful information for those of you who do not live in the LA area. We've rounded up three hotel options in Downtown Los Angeles as well as restaurant suggestions and some transportation options from LAX. See the map below.
- Cheapest Option: STAY on Main
- Middle of the Road: Miyako
- Hip, Boutique Hotel: The Ace. Our friends at the Ace Hotel are giving CAMPers a 15% discount for 5/18 and 5/22! To book:
1. go to www.acehotel.com/losangeles
2. left hand side of screen, click "book a room"
3. select your arrival + departure dates
4. enter UNIQUECAMP as the promo code
5. enter credit card info for guarantee
If you need assistance making reservations call 213.623.3233 and be sure to mention UNIQUECAMP.
TRANSPORTATION FROM LAX
You can take the LAX FlyAway bus from LAX to Union Station for $9 one way. From there you can walk to a nearby hotel or catch a cab or Uber to your hotel. http://www.lawa.org/FlyAway/content.aspx?id=10152
Uber and Lyft now both pickup at LAX. Pay attention to instructions in the app for a specific pickup location.
You can also take the Super Shuttle which is a shared van service from LAX. http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/LAXAirportShuttleLosangeles.aspx
Be sure to check with your the hotel you book to see if they have a shuttle service available.
BUS DEPARTURE AND RETURN LOCATION
Please arrive Thursday morning by 7:30 am (buses leave at 8:00 am!!!) The buses will be waiting outside of The Unique Space. There is very limited parking at the camp so everyone must ride up on the buses! We recommend that you get dropped off if you can, but if you need to park your car, we will have an approved lot for overnight parking. If you need parking please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Buses will return to the same location, 1275 E. 6th Street, 90021 on Sunday by 5pm.